Welcome all, and add your poems

Welcome to my poetry blog. I hope you enjoy what you read here. Most, of my poetry is about experiences with my family. If you would like to add a poem, feel free to do so as a comment. Perhaps you have a poem that echos the subject matter of one of my poems. Please share it

Thank you,

Dave

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

For the Girls

A star twinkle giggle
A swirling leaf dance
A daisy flower little girl face

Demands the attention
Seasons the dead air
And brings light to even the darkest place

Innocent, I don’t care freedom
She’s the center of the universe
Spreads life to all within the room

No time for bills and issues
No attitude is allowed
No place for doom and gloom

It won’t always be just like this
It will only last a while
The years and tears will make these precious memories fade

Hold on to every moment
Don’t let them drift away
Make them yours forever, not to ever sell or trade

When ever things don’t work out
When the clouds are hanging low
You have a great gift waiting for you

It’s the memories of the girls
Dancing, giggling, and laughing
It will always help you make it through.

No comments:

Post a Comment