Welcome all, and add your poems

Welcome to my poetry blog. I hope you enjoy what you read here. Most, of my poetry is about experiences with my family. If you would like to add a poem, feel free to do so as a comment. Perhaps you have a poem that echos the subject matter of one of my poems. Please share it

Thank you,

Dave

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Face of an Angel

I wrote this poem for a dear friend who was with me when I was very ill.

In the world of black,
No definition,
No hue of hope offered.

Strange hands,
Strange sounds,
Questions unanswered

Then in the cloud was the Face of an Angel, saying “it’s going to be alright”

Then to the depths
A paralytic retreat
There’s no exit from where I’ve returned

Harsh movements
Impersonal intrusions
Am I dead or alive?

Then from the cloud came the Face of an Angel, saying “it’s going to be alright”

As the black turns to gray
I see hope
Perhaps a new day

How did I make it
Why did I try?
It would have been easy to have not

The end is not hard
It’s a soft landing
No pain

But I let the hands work on me
I had no fear
I abandoned myself
I followed the light

When the Face of an Angel said, “It would be alright”.

No comments:

Post a Comment